BELLWETHER GROUP TOURS PRIVACY NOTICE
Effective date: 25th May, 2018
When it comes to providing our tours and private hire services, our clients are at the heart of our business. Everything we do and the service we provide is based on you and your party, as individual human beings. That is, after all, how we would like to be treated. We’re a family-run business and as such, would never do anything we wouldn’t consider acceptable for ourselves, which includes keeping your data and any information you choose to share with us as safe as possible, handling it with respect and keeping you in control.
Bellwether Cotswold Group Tours is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with their obligations under data protection legislation and ensure that any personal data shared with us or the personal data that we get from other organisations will be kept safe and will not be used for any purposes that you have not agreed to.
With effect from 25th May 2018, the main data protection law is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as supplemented by the Data Protection Act 2018 and related laws.
Where and How We Collect Your Information
Most of the data we hold would have been provided by yourself.
We collect your information in the following ways:
• Information you provide when you make an enquiry from our website, via email or when making a telephone call to us.
• When you engage with us through a social media channel or review site, such as Facebook, Instagram or TripAdvisor.
• When you make a booking direct through us via email or telephone, we will ask for you to send us your personal information in order to secure, process and service your bookings.
• When you make a booking through an agent, hotel or reseller, we will receive your personal information in order to secure, process and service your booking.
• Information obtained from during a service being provided, such as information we can use to enhance your experience or to improve our service.
• When you use our website, we use Google Analytics to collect information such as the browser and device you’re using, the pages you visit on our website and your location (more information available under ‘Data Analysis’).
This information may include but is not limited to:
• Your first and last name
• Your email address
• Your postal and/or billing address
• Your telephone number
• Details of other passengers travelling with you
• Payment information
• Records of verbal or email conversations/meetings, including personal preferences and interests
• Details of previous/historic bookings
• Any other information you choose to share or as required
How We Use Your Information and Why
1. For the performance of our contract with you
We only use your data for the purpose of:
• Responding to enquiries and discussing potential bookings
• Completing your transaction
• Tailoring your itinerary/booking
• Servicing your booking
• To provide you with customer support
• Meeting you/your parties health, dietary or accessibility requirements, where specifically required and explicit consent is provided
2. For our legitimate business interests
• To manage our everyday business needs
• To send you customer service emails including booking confirmations and event reminders
• To conduct market research and analysis which helps improve and customise our products and services
• For marketing or PR purposes, provided you have given your consent, to promote Bellwether Cotswold Group Tours and inform followers/potential clients of what we’ve been up to and give them an idea of what they can expect to experience on a tour with us (for example, if you have provided a review or there is a photo which has been taken during a tour by our guide, or you have emailed us a photo taken by yourself, we may share this on Facebook or Instagram, providing information about the photo and using first names only)
• To process a job application
• In accordance with our legal obligations
Who We Share Your Data With
• Sub-contracted driver/guides
• Third parties who provide goods and services purchased as a part of your booking (e.g. tickets to events, entrance to attractions, restaurant table reservations, hotel room reservations) so that they can process and fulfil your orders
• Other sub-contractors (including data analytics and payment service providers)
• For financial accounting and taxation purposes with our auditors, regulators or other government bodies such as HMRC
• To third parties, should there be the need to enforce or apply our contractual terms, to investigate potential breaches, to protect the rights and freedoms, property or safety of our business or those of our customers and other individuals
• Any successor to all or part of our business
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information about how the website is used. We use Google analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports which help us to improve our website
More information about cookies can be found at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. We do not use it to collect any personal information. This provides us with information about how our website is used, such as which pages are visited the most, how long users spend on those pages, whether most of our website users are on a mobile device or a desktop computer, and where our website users are coming from in the World.
We only use this data to help us to make improvements to our website and your online experience.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your Choices and Rights
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you:
• You can ask us not to use your personal data for direct marketing
• You can ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, if there are no compelling reasons for that processing
• You can request a copy from us of the personal information held about you
• You can ask us to correct, amend or update information you have given us
• You can ask that we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent
• You can ask, in certain circumstances, to delete the personal data we hold about you (subject to our Statutory obligations).
• You can ask for the processing of information to be restricted
• You can ask for data to be made available to others for your own reasons
• To make a request in relation to any of the aforementioned rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you provide consent to having your photograph taken, as outlined in ‘How We Use Your Information and Why’, we may use the image for marketing or PR purposes. Alongside the image, we will hold your name and if applicable, age, on file for future use. We will always ask for consent to photograph or video children.
For more information, please view our ‘Photograph and Video Usage’ statement under our Booking Terms and Conditions here: https://www.bellwethertours.co.uk/terms-conditions/
The products and services offered by CJP Cotswold Tours are not directed at children under 18 years old. We do not knowingly use the website to solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18. The use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. If we receive information from a child under 18 years old, we reserve the right to delete it.
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information or may be receiving communications from us without consent of a parent or guardian, we ask that this be brought to our immediate attention. We will make it our priority to address this situation and delete information relating to a child as soon as practicable. In such an event, please contact us at email@example.com.
Other Website Links
Our website contains links to other websites which we have included in the hope you might find them useful. These websites operate fully independently from us, and we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third parties nor the availability of these external sites or resources. Should you use any of these websites, such use is at your own risk and we would recommend that you review their respective privacy policies.
Our CMS (content management system) is provided by WordPress. We also use the following services to help present the content on www.bellwethertours.co.uk:
Our website uses https, which means that anything sent between your device and our servers will be encrypted. Our SSL certificate tells you that pages you visit on our website are provided by us. Our website is hosted on secure servers operated by TSO Host.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure to your data, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect (such as your personal data and booking information) and physical assets (such as photographs taken of you and members of your party during a tour).
We use third-party services for secure payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The online payment processer we work with is WorldPay.
We will only keep your personal data as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. This period may be set by our need to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Once the purpose for which information has been collected has been fulfilled, we will permanently delete your personal information.
Where we obtain your personal data in relation to the use or purchase of our services or products, including VAT or invoicing information, we are obligated by law to keep this for a minimum of 6 years.
In the alternative, you may contact us by either of the following means:
By Mail: Bellwether Cotswold Group Tours, 49 Meon Road, Mickleton, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, GL55 6TB
By Phone: 01386 833 365
We will respond to all requests, enquiries or concerns within thirty (30) days.